The God-Shaped Hole!

Monday, August 17, 2015

A Bible Without Speedbumps: The ESV Reader's Bible

I have long sought (and agitated for) a Bible without verse numbers and footnotes.  My prayers have finally been answered.

Crossway has released the ESV Reader's Bible, a small hardback edition with no speedbumps.  There are no section summaries, no verse numbers, no footnotes.  The chapter numbers are present, but in an unobtrusive way. It is incredible for interpretive reading: I just read what's there, and the flow carries me.

It restores the flow, which is something that I, as a reader, had been missing. It is everything I hoped it would be.

It would just figure that since I first dreamt of such a Bible, I've since fallen in love with the flow of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home